In article <cdki60tqbdcr8bjfglaq3a9ijdv7ves4kk / 4ax.com>,
gabriele renzi  <surrender_it / remove.yahoo.it> wrote:
>il Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:01:59 +0900, Lothar Scholz
><mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> ha scritto::
>

>>PT> TCL the most advanced scripting language
>>
><snip>
>And tcl has a lovely vfs implementation in the core :)
>(hint! hint!)

does vfs == "virtual file system" ?  Meaning that you can access a URL
just the same way you would access a file on your system?

If that's what you mean, here's an excerpt from Why's "What's shiny and
new in 1.8":

 open-uri

I have been dying for this library to come up in the standard library.
Most of you don't know it, but you can quit using Net::HTTP and Net::FTP.
The open-uri library is a Ruby equivalent to wget or curl (the library
mentioned in the previous section).

Basically, this module allows you to use the basic open method with URLs.

require 'open-uri'
require 'yaml'

open( "http://www.whytheluckystiff.net/why.yml" ) do |f|
  feed = YAML::load( f )