Ruby Tuesday wrote:

> Is there any good Ruby example that manipulate any Office
> Docoments, especially the Access database?

For what it's worth, I have been playing with the RubyScript WSH
scripting engine and from what I can tell the WSH Ruby code is a
lot like VB Script or Java Script.

For example consider these two code snipets:

This is Ruby Script:

  def key_macro()
    # create the speech object
    oSpeech = WIN32OLE.new("SAPI.SpVoice")

    # say something
    oSpeech.Speak("The computer will talk...")
  end

  key_macro() # run the macro

This is VB Script:

  Function key_macro()
    ' create the speech object
    Set oSpeech = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice")

    ' say something
    oSpeech.Speak("The computer will talk...")
  End Function

  key_macro() 'run the macro

As can be seen from the code above, both scripts are
very similar.

This should mean that if you find a good VB Script or Java
Script example (of which there should be many), then it
should be a fairly easy task to port the code to RubyScript.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows (All new version 3.92 out now)
"The C/C++, Cobol, Java, HTML, Python, PHP, Perl programmer's editor"
Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com