il Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:28:34 GMT, Greg Brondo <greg / brondo.com> ha
scritto::

>I've used Python on many a project but now am moving to Ruby more and more.
>I've noticed a few things that still bug me about Ruby however:
>
>1) Python has more 3rd party modules for it (pdf, graphics, etc).
>
>2) It seems the developers of the above 3rd party modules seem more
>   interested in completing (as in mature) their work than their Ruby
>   counterparts.

I believe you're referring to PIL and reportlab in python.

In ruby I think of PDF::Writer and RMAgick.
It seem that PDF::Writer has not been updated in the last months, but
probably the author would support you if you need to fix xomething, I
believe he's just been distracted from other projects :)

About imaging: I believe rmagick is quite updated and mature,
ain't it ?