il Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:14:37 +0900, Seth Kurtzberg <seth / cql.com> ha
scritto::

>I don't think I would say that python has a lisp slant.  In fact, ruby has more functional
>programming syntax (e.g. list processing) than python.

I'd say that python has a Scheme slant, cause functions are in the
same namespace of every other variable. IIRC lisp asks you to do
sharp-quote to use a function by name, somewhat like ruby's method().

BTW, I believe ruby and python functionalness are ortoghonal.
Python has first class functions, ruby has more powerful lexical
closures.
Ruby even has call/cc but that is a black art that I'll never
understand :)