On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 01:36:10 +0900, Robert Feldt
<feldt / ce.chalmers.se> wrote (more or less):

>Markus Jais wrote:

>>I am looking for some AOP Stuff in Ruby.
>>aspectr seems not to be alive anymore.
>>

>AspectR was more of a hack to try it out; it's very small anyone can
>probably pick it up and adapt to their needs if you want.

RAA & RubyForge initiatives going dormant is not uncommon.

Do either of these have facilities for 'dormancy' checking, and
automatic advertising for new hands at the helm of a given project?

(Sometimes when someone does stop working on a one-person project,
they just don't go back to it, rather than going back and announcing
that they won't be working on it further.

Perhaps the sites could send an e-mail to the nominal project manager
after a period of dormancy*, and if they hear nothing back, could put
up an ad saying 'new PM wanted for this project'?

* and this could be defined by the PM, up to a maximum of, say, 9
months.

Is this already in place?  If not, what do folk think of putting it in
place?

Cheers,
   Euan
Gawnsoft: http://www.gawnsoft.co.sr