Now I'm back and rested, and I realize that I could have answered part
of this question without looking at code...(see below)

On Mar 25, 2004, at 6:08 AM, Vivek Nallur wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'd gone over to the wiki on rubyforge and was experimenting with
> RubyGems. However, I can't seem to get it working right. Atleast,
> progressbar doesn't seem to install properly.
>
> When I do:
>
> Prompt> gem --remote-install progressbar
>
> It comes back with:
> Successfully installed progressbar version 0.0.3
>
> However,
> Prompt> gem --verify progressbar

We need to make this a little more intelligent.  The  --verify option
is only meant to be called on a gem file (doesn't work by gem name like
most of the commands).  This is obviously an ugly inconsistency that
needs to be corrected.

> results in:
>
> progressbar is invalid
>
> If it helps, "gem --alien" resulted in the following output:
>
> Checking gem database for inconsistencies
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/sources-0.0.1
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/progressbar-0.0.3
> sources-0.0.1 is error-free
>
> progressbar-0.0.3 has 1 problems
>         /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/progressbar-0.0.3.gem:
>         Unmanaged files in gem: ["docs", "sample"]

And this one is the result of a plain ole bug. :)

Thanks,
Chad