"Ruby Tuesdays" <NoSpamPlease_rubytuzdaiz / yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<c41ms8$2e9r2h$1 / ID-205437.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> It works! Is there any good example using Ruby to manipulate some MS Office
> Apps e.g: put data from/to Word to/from Access? Thanks.

Sure - that is just win32ole.  OLE automation works the same whether
you have the WSH bridge or not.  The difference between automation and
WSH integration is akin to the difference between extension and
embedding - the benefit of the WSH bridge is that it allows you to
"embed" Ruby code inside apps that support the WSH (pretty much
anything that lets you write macros in VBS).  For example, after
installing Arton's package you can use <script language="RubyScript/>
tags in HTML under ie to do some client-side scripting in Ruby instead
of Javascript (eat your heart out, Mozilla).

> Just curious, if I have already have standard mswin32 distribution
> installed, can I just add/install wsh bridge(as you mentioned) and register
> it in the registry ? Thanks

I will have to refer you to Arton for specifics on this - I do not
really know what kind of coupling may exist.  You can certainly
install multiple independent binary distributions on the same machine,
though.