i'm experimenting with using non-blocking io and sysread/write for me session
package. i keep getting i'm experimenting with using non-blocking io and
sysread/write for me session package. i keep getting

  sysread for buffered IO (IOError)

but am doing NO non-buffered operations on the io object... in fact, it's
wrapped in a class that has all methods defined in terms of syswrite/read.
the only possible exception to this is a call to select which cannot take the
wrapped objects and must use the underlying io objects directly... is it o.k.
to mix select with syswrite/read or could this be the problem?

-a