From: archit / dhcp52.moberg [mailto:archit / dhcp52.moberg]On Behalf Of
Archit Baweja
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 8:06 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: About Ruby

Hey

I'm Indian =D and I use ruby. Also I work on a relatively large Ruby project
ORE - O Ruby Editor for Gnome (well just an IDE based on Ruby/Gtk+, and please
hold them re-inventing the wheel flames regarding the IDE). (Note2: well ORE
isn't that big a project right now, but will be as time goes by)

So I would say that Ruby is definitely good for big projects, though people
tend to shy away from it for big project initially. Hell! IMO Ruby's dynamicity
helps solve some pretty tough problems very easily as compared to relatively
static languages like Java/C++.

Cheers!
Archit

P.S. ORE's website is at http://ore.rubyforge.org/ (cheap attempt at project