Hello,

I'm presently trying to get any decent scripting language to run on an
embedded arm system i have.  Ruby seems to be the best bet since it
takes up relatively little space and other have suceeded in cross
compiling it.  However, I am having a bit of trouble in getting ruby to
cross-compile properly.  Here's how it happens.

First I do this, and yes, my cross compiler is set up and working with
all the necessary libraries and such.

./configure --host=arm-linux

It stops at one point and says that setpgrp can't be used in a cross
compile.  That's pretty much the dead end right there.  Any and all
insight as to how to cross compile ruby would be most appreciated.  My
build system is an athlon XP running linux with gcc 3.3.2 and
arm-linux-gcc 3.2.  The target system is an Intel PXA255 XScale arm
processor with only 16MB of total room to work with and it also runs
linux.

Thank you,
-Scott