Hi All,

What you do think about changing the relationship between RDoc and the template?  I seems like having the template be a module that RDoc mixes in may provide simpler templates and offer the template more flexibility in generating output.  This could involve having RDoc build containers (possibly arrays) for each of the sections and then passing each container to a method in the template that returns a string containing the formatted HTML for that section.  It would nice to be able to view and alter the container before it is processed, this could be accomplished by calling a method and passing in the container just after the container is built.  I would actually prefer two methods for each section, one method that iterates over the content of the container and a second method that processes each element in the container.

This could also pave the way for easily creating different kinds of outputers.  If the template contained all of the output methods, a different outputer could be created just by creating a new template.

Just a thought.

Thanks, Michael