il Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:02:22 -0700, "Ara.T.Howard"
<ahoward / fattire.ngdc.noaa.gov> ha scritto::

>On 26 Mar 2004, Phil Tomson wrote:
>
>> How do you get the up arrow to give prior commands in irb on OSX?
>>
>> When I try to use the up arrow I just get garbage characters...
>
>you need to compile with readline.  probably readline is not installed or was
>not found when you installed.  this should be in the config logs if you
>look...

sidenote: I'm a windows user (ok, blame me ) and I think that irb has
support for up-arrow even without readline (but no completion). It
sounds strange that on *nix this does not work :/

side side note: someone else notices that he can't type '[' and ']' on
irb with readline ?
I'm using the binaries from http://jarp.jin.gr.jp/win32/