On Mar 25, 2004, at 2:51 AM, Sabyasachi Mustafi wrote:

> Hello,
>     I am using Ruby 1.6.8 in FreeBSD. But it is showing an error as
> given in the following. I have just installed Ruby. Does it needed to
> install anthing more to use tk?? Please help me as soon as possible.
>
> Thanking you,
> Sabyasachi Mustafi
>
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.6/tk.rb:7:in `require': No such file to load --
> tcltklib (LoadError)
>         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.6/tk.rb:7
>         from Pilot.rb:2:in `require'
>         from Pilot.rb:2

*that* looks awfully familiar... :) It's complaining that you don't
have a tcltklib, which is usually built alongside ruby. To get it, you
will need to recompile it, probably with some changes.

First of all, do you have Tcl/Tk installed?
Also, did you compile this, or install it from a package?

This happened on my box because the Tcl/Tk libraries and header files
were in a non-standard location, so ruby's tcltklib didn't get built.