Andreas Schwarz
> Thanks for your update, everything seems to work perfectly.
>
> Another suggestion: personally I don't like it to let the template
> access all the local variables.

Yes, but it is difficult to change current mechanism.
I want Kwartz to be available not only in Ruby but also PHP, Java
or other programming languages.
Generating output script is the best solution I think to perform
the goal.

> It has the advantage of a clear division between internal program data
> and template data.

I can understand what you feel.

Kwartz can analyze template and report what variables are used.

Presentation data:
--------------------
Hello <span id="value:user">World</span>!
<ul id="foreach:item=list">
 <li id="value:item">foo</li>
</ul>
--------------------

Analyze:
====================
$ kwartz -a analyze file.html
global variables: user list
local variables:  item

In Kwartz, 'global variable' means a variable what is passed from
main program to template, and 'local variable' means a variable
what is used only in template.

It is not what you want, but it can help you to know what is used
and not used.

---
regards,
kwa