Sean Russell wrote:

> ptkwt / aracnet.com (Phil Tomson) wrote in message
> news:<c3tr3a0187b / enews3.newsguy.com>...
> > toolkit-agnostic GUIs.  There was some discussion of this as a project,
> > I'm just wondering if anyone starting putting anything together.
>
> Yeah, I've got some basic code working using FOX as a backend, but it
> is going slowly.  Not because it is difficult, but because of time
> constraints.  I can already generate UIs with the core widget set from
> XUL.  Basically, it is usable -- in a limited way -- for application
> development, but it isn't very complete.
>
> I need to do some documentation, some packaging, and I wanted to get a
> couple of other back-ends working as proof-of-concept before I
> released it, but if you want a copy, I'll tar it up for you.

Very cool! Please consider wxRuby as a backend.

[snip]

> You can't use Mozilla, currently, because there's no Mozilla->Ruby
> binding that would allow the Mozilla-generated events to call Ruby
> code.

I keep hoping I can get someone interested in doing this. Mozilla would be a
fantastic platform for internet enabled and html enabled Ruby applications.

I'd like to do it myself, but I'm already involved in too many things. But
I'll take this opportunity to (once again) to offer guidance and advice to
anyone who wants to undertake this (in a past life I did a lot of Mozilla
based development).

Curt

---