I sent a response last week to the ML, but it seems to that it did not
make it to this news group. I know it's sort of old news at this point
(pardon the pun) but I'm curious.

Hal, did you (or anyone else) get a chance to take a look at Runt?

I agree with Mauricio's characterization of naming conventions and
expression usage and regret to say that the Runt codebase labors under
this heaviness.

Your discussion hints at the same point Fowler made in his paper;
namely, that temporal expressions are a simple application of GoF's
Interpreter. As was mentioned, some syntactic sweetening would
definitely go a long way.

Although Runt has mainly been a learning exercise, I'd be interested
in whatever feedback anyone could provide.

Regards,

Matt

<snip>
Hal Fulton <hal9000 / hypermetrics.com> wrote in message news:<405C87D7.7060501 / hypermetrics.com>...
> Mauricio Fern?ndez wrote:
> > This weighs a ton (reminds me of Java), how about
> >  (DayOfMonth(1) & not(DayOfWeek(:sunday))) |    # maybe  .not ?
> >  (DayOfMonth(2) & DayOfWeek(:monday) )
> >
> > or even
> >  (dom(1) & not(dow(:sunday))) | (dom(2) & dow(:monday))
>
> Yes, that's more like what I'm thinking.
</snip>