On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:44:20 +0900, Martin Weber wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:34:30PM +0900, Xavier wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:10:43 +0900, nobu.nokada wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,

>> > The main problem is that MSVCRT doesn't provide it.
>>
>> I have no idea what MSVCRT is, but since it starts with MS, it must be
>> part of a legacy OS that I haven't touched in a light year.
>
> It smells like microsoft visual c runtime.

I didn't know, thanks.

> The ``legacy OS'' you're talking about happens to be the platform the
> OP runs on, so spare the derision for the appropriate lists please.

No offense meant, sorry if I offended you.

> (Others could be laughing you explicitely have to ``compile for large
> file support'' -- where are we, in the 80s? Just spare it.)

When did I say you had to explicitely compile for large file support
yourself? It has to be done, though.
You had not mentioned what your platform was so I could only assume that
either your environment or your particular installation of ruby did not
support large files.
As mentioned, the only thing I did was "emerge ruby". It's not very
complex, is it?
BTW, why the 80s? Linux is younger, Unix and myself are quite older.

That said, I leave this discussion as I obviously can't help you, sorry.