Gavin Sinclair wrote:

>On Thursday, March 25, 2004, 10:49:27 PM, Jim wrote:
>

>>Jim Weirich <jim / weirichhouse.org> writes:

>>>I did not see the error you got when you tried
>>>
>>>    gem --remote-list
>>>

>>It looks like Paul is having a different problem than I am. BTW, I'm using Mac
>>OS X.
>>

>~>> gem --remote-list
>

>>gem: invalid option: --remote-list
>>

>Do you have the CVS version or the released version?  What does 'gem
>--help' say?  What does 'gem --list' do?

%>gem --list
sources-0.0.1

%> gem --help
C:\Documents and Settings\paul vudmaska>gem --help
Usage: gem [options]
    -b, --build=GEMSPEC              Build a gem file from spec
    -i, --install=GEMFILE            Install a gem from local gem file
    -u, --uninstall=GEMNAME          Uninstall a previously installed gem
        --info=GEMNAME               Display details about an installed Gem
        --dir=DIRNAME                Installation directory for the Gem
        --gen-rdoc                   Generate RDoc documentation for the Gem
        --list                       List installed Gems
        --search=SEARCHPATTERN       Search for Gems in the remote
repository
        --force                      Force Gem to intall, bypassing
dependency c
hecks
        --remote-install=GEMNAME     Auto-download and install a Gem and
its dep
endencies
        --http-proxy=HTTPPROXYHOST   (unimplemented) HTTP Proxy to use
for remot
e operations
        --version=GEMVERSION         Version of Gem to perform operation on
        --verify=GEMFILE             Verify Gem file against its
internal checks
um
        --alien                      Report 'unmanaged' or rogue files
in the Ge
m repository
        --help                       show this message

C:\Documents and Settings\paul vudmaska>

Seems to look like it should, i guess,

Thanks,:paul