Hal Fulton wrote:

> Warning: The following comments have a 50% chance of being wrong. :)
>
> My understanding is that gems currently are good for libs, not
> necessarily for apps.
>
> Also I think that a large part of what gems are about is versioning --
> e.g., you might want to keep multiple versions of Foo around.
>
> However, I agree with you about making it as usable as possible.
>
> What's the answer? Chad, Gavin, others?

Ask the user when he or she installs a gem?

Can a gem author tell the final gem that it is carrying an app, not (or
maybe along with) a lib , and if so, ask the end user how and where to
install it (e.g., in the gems lib dir, with a symlink from the default
bin dir; gems dir with no symlink; directly in the default bin dir; some
place else the user defines)?

James