I'm switching over to using RubyGems. I like it!

When I removed the "normal" Rake install and typed "gem --remote-install
rake", it succeeded with the message "Successfully installed rake version
0.3.1".

It took me a while to find the "rake" executable, though. It used to go in
/usr/local/bin/rake, but it looks like it is now in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/rake-0.3.1/lib/rake.

Do all executables installed by gems go in the gem directory instead of
/usr/local? If so, I would like to suggest that gems put their executables in
/usr/local/ instead, so that users don't have to modify their paths by adding
a new directory each time they install a new gem.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"Anyone else picturing Wallace sitting in front of a Rube Goldburgesque