On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:58:29 +0900, James Britt wrote:
[snip]
>>>There are various cases where I want to map some string from the outside
>>>world to a method invocation.  For example, when stream processing XML.
>>>Any restrictions on naming makes this harder, particularly if I don't
>>>control the naming conventions for the source XML.
>>>

>> sounds cludgy.
>
> It's actually quite elegant, and takes advantage of much of Ruby's
> dynamic nature.  Try it some time and see if you change your mind.

Do you have a url ?

I am very curious to know where mixed case can be useful.
I have a short section about Ruby's naming conventions, but having
big trouble explaining why Uppercase letters is allowed in varnames and
methods. But I should probably write something about its because Ruby aims
to be nice to Java people ;-)

this is a very early sneak preview.. (in danish)
http://neoneye.dk/rubybook/

--
Simon Strandgaard