On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 05:29:29AM +0900, Simon Strandgaard wrote:

> Same thing here.. evolving over time, gets refined for every release I do.
> One day, one should make a full-blown general release system.

I do the same thing, except with a simple ruby script instead of rake. I'm
not sure how well a general release system will work though. Is it going to
be capable of building .debs, .rpms for the various rpm-based distros,
something for Gentoo, Windows, etc? That sounds like a lot of extra work.
Almost exactly like where the GNU Autotools are headed. Frankly, I can't
stomach the thought of having to write something like Rakefile.am and
Rakefile.ac. I'll stick with a basic setup and let RubyGems do all the
distribution work. :-)

- Leon