On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 01:39:52 +0900
Ben Giddings <bg-rubytalk / infofiend.com> wrote:

> If people don't find my arguments convincing, and want to continue using
> lowercase_with_underscores for both methods and variables, that's fine
> with me.  I'll have to work a bit harder to understand your code, but as
> long as you don't start using CamelCaseWithLeadingCaps for variables,
> classes, methods and constants then I think I can figure things out.
> But please, don't force me to make my own personal code less legible for me.

It seems a lot of people find Ruby so much closer to perfect than any other
language they've run across that they tend to think "If only Ruby did
such-and-such it *would* be perfect" , and then rush out to create an RCR.
I've done it myself :->

However, it seems like this is a temptation we should probably resist.
Everyone who likes Ruby has their own sense of values and priorities,
and it seems small changes, if necessary, are best.

Jim