You can have it both ways.  There is a module in RAA that will
implement both.  Its called crosscase, and here is its description

This module, when mixed into a Class or another Module, will provide
under_barred aliases for class or instance methods with names which
follow the camelCased naming conventions, and vice-versa. E.g., in a
class which mixes in CrossCase, defining a method which is called
#foo_bar will also create an alias for that method called #fooBar.

I would like to add, one of the main reasons I like Ruby, is that it
allows me to work the way I want to work much more so than many other
languages.  But even more so is that its dynamic nature, lets someone
else use the core of what I may have done and modify it easily to
meet there needs.  The crosscase module is an example of that (Note:
I haven't used that particular module.)  I can choose to work in
camel case, you can download my code, extend it with this crosscase
module and now you can use it as all lowercase.  This freedom is one
of the things that makes it such a powerful language, IMHO.

Walt
Walter Szewelanczyk
IS Director
M.W. Sewall & CO.        email : walter / mwsewall.com
259 Front St.            Phone : (207) 442-7994 x 128
Bath, ME 04530           Fax   : (207) 443-6284