Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> Ruby does already enforce CamelCase for class/modules.
#-- Begin example ---
class Not_camel_case
   def foo
     puts "Hello."

Not_camel_case.new.foo
#------- End -----

This works fine for me.  Where is CamelCase enforced?

> Should I submit an RCR about this ?
> Resistance ?  any good reasons to use camelCase ?

First submit an RCR for required indentation and significant white
space.  I'd feel the same way about that.  :)

There are various cases where I want to map some string from the outside
world to a method invocation.  For example, when stream processing XML.
Any restrictions on naming makes this harder, particularly if I don't
control the naming conventions for the source XML.

I want fewer syntax restrictions, not more.

James