Ruby does already enforce CamelCase for class/modules.

'camelCase' for variables/methods is easy to confuse with
ClassNames. Its hard to distinguish for newcomers if they
should use 'under_score' syntax or 'camelCase' syntax. If
the person has a Java background it may be natual though
(but being friendly to Java persons may hurt Ruby).

However I don't use 'camelCase' and I tend to _avoid_
libraries which uses forces me to it. Luckily many of them
provide underscore aliases.

In Ruby2 it would be nice to get rid of 'camelCase', so
that 'under_score' naming is enforced by the language.

Should I submit an RCR about this ?
Resistance ?  any good reasons to use camelCase ?

--
Simon Strandgaard