On Mar 23, 2004, at 16:15, Bill Kelly wrote:

> "Third!"  :)  I use Pickaxe as a reference... however I definitely
> agree with a prior poster's sentiments about the "sectioned
> alphabetical" nature of the reference chapters.  I can never just
> dive into the reference section of the Pickaxe (say looking for
> Date or Time) and find it, because I don't know what section to
> look in.  So I always go to the index first.  [It's a great index
> though!!! :-D]

I'd agree with the sectioning complaint... really, I'd like to see just
two sections to the reference: the built-in library (with modules and
classes together - that distinction really confused me when I started
using Ruby), and everything else. I like having quick access to core
things like Array and Kernel, but see no reason to partition things any
further (having Socket and Delegate mixed together in the same section
doesn't bother me).

Nathaniel
Terralien, Inc.

<:((><