--- Simon Strandgaard <neoneye / adslhome.dk <http://us.f104.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=neoneye / adslhome.dk&YY=90525&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b>> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:04:02 -0800, Sean Russell
> wrote:
> [snip]
> > One idea that's been flitting about my head has
> been that Mozilla is a
> > XUL engine, making it a full-fledged GUI toolkit
> in itself.  If Ruby
> > code were executable within Mozilla, we'd
> instantly have a GUI toolkit
> > that ranks up among the top two or three
> ubiquitous cross-platform
> > toolkits in the world.
> >

> I love XUL... because its declared via xml, I think
> it should be lot
> easier to do UI-testing.
>
> just a thought..
>
> --
> Simon Strandgaard
>
> (XUL = xml+css+javascript).gsub!(/javascript/,
> "ruby")

Ruby for XUL would be super! XUL(or any declarative
xml for widgets) is a good choice for new interfaces,
especially for browser apps. The  bigs have similar
things in the pipeline - Macromedia Flex and MS XAML.
So, getting on the bleeding edge of this seems shrewd.

On the other hand, using js for this has never struck
me as needing to be rubied.

:Paul

You were seeking help programming...you dont want me
involved, trust me = Dummy.new :)