On Mar 18, 2004, at 7:09 AM, gabriele renzi wrote:

> il Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:15:29 +0900, Gavin Sinclair
> <gsinclair / soyabean.com.au> ha scritto::
>
>> On Thursday, March 18, 2004, 8:05:53 PM, Leon wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings, I'm pleased to announce the release of Log4r 1.0.5. The
>>> notable thing about this release is that Log4r is now available as a
>>> gem,
>>> allowing for dead simple installs. No need to squint at a cramped
>>> SourceForge release page!
>>
>>>   gem --remote-install=log4r
>>
>> $ gem --remote-install log4r
>> Error installing gem log4r: Could not find log4r > 0.0.0 in the
>> repository
>>
>> Probably my problem.  Anyone know how to fix it? :)
>

> C:\Documents and Settings\gabriele\Desktop\xml>gem
> --remote-install=log4r
> Successfully installed log4r version 1.0.5
>
> er.. I'd like to say to you the version of gem I'm running but I don't
> know how :) (it's not the latest, but the previous one).

Do you mean you want to say the version of the RubyGems package or the
gem itself?  You can see from installation that it's 1.0.5 or you could
do "gem --list" to see all of the gems and versions that are installed.
  The CVS version of RubyGems has both --search and --remote-search
options now, so you can display info for a specific gem you have
installed.

> Ona sidenote: why does not exist a gem for rubygem itself?

We did put the sources package into a gem.  We'll probably look at
doing that with more of the pieces of RubyGems in the future.  It would
certainly make upgrading easier.

Chad