Larry was interviewed at the Perl/Ruby conference in Koyoto:

   http://lwn.net/2001/features/LarryWall/

CL: Were you surprised when you first heard that Digital Creations and
ActiveState announced that they will add Perl scripting to Zope?

LW: No, I was not surprised by that. I think that's a good play for
them. You know, ActiveState really does believe in Perl philosophy,
"There's More Than One Way To Do It." One of the ways is the Perl way,
another way is the Python way. Both of those are valid, different
people like one or the other. They're in the business of enabling
everyone to get the job done. Particularly, if Zope can be useful for
both Perl and Python programmers, that will be great. I think they
should add Ruby, too. Well, for some reason people don't know about
Ruby in the US very much...

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/