Greetings, lovers of Ruby,

How can I select the shell to be used by %x{ stuff }?  Setting ENV['SHELL']
doesn't seem to have any effect.  The pickaxe book said this construct invokes
"the host operating system's standard shell".  But suppose I want my script
which uses %x{ stuff } to run both on a box using bash and a box using tcsh?
It seems there must be a way to set this, or else we'd have serious portability
problems.  Also, what if I want to make use of some nifty zsh feature in
my %x{ stuff } but my login shell is bash?  I haven't been able to figure
out how to do this.

Happy Ruby!  Regards, Bret
Bret Jolly (Jou Lii Bair)