John Reed wrote:

> I want to call a Windows .bat file from inside my Ruby program and I
> can't find any documentation on how to do this.

To run a batch file just run the command processor and passing the
batch file as an argument:

   cmd.exe /C the_batch_file.cmd

The /C option means carry out the command specified and terminate.

If you are running Windows 95, 98 or Me you need to run command.com
and name your file with a bat file extension. If you are running
Windows NT, 2000, xp you should run cmd.exe and the batch file
should have a cmd file extension.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows (All new version 3.92 out now)
"The C/C++, Java, Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby programmer's editor"
Home Page: http://www.zeusedit.com