Hi!

* Zachary P. Landau:
> I wouldn't use (R) and (TM). I have read in various places that (C)
> is NOT a legal alternative to a C with a circle around it. I can
> only assume that is applies to (R) and (TM) also.

Wether (C) is acceptable or not depends on the country. In Germany it
makes no difference wether you use (C), the copyright symbol or none
of them - they are simply not needed and the copyright notice rather
is a reminder than something of legal importance.

Instead of playing around with symbols that may or may not display
correctly  I would simply write it out:

"Linux" is a registered trademark of Linus Thorvalds.
"Heroine" is a trademark of Bayer (well, AFAIK it originally was).

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT
--
http://oss.erdfunkstelle.de/ruby/    -     German comp.lang.ruby FAQ