Hi!

* Sam Roberts:
> I can simulate by running install in --no-harm mode, and then
> deleteing what I saw, but why not allow it to do it? Perhaps
> refusing if what it's removing isn't the same as what it put there?
>
> Is it a safety issue? I can't be the first person to want to
> uninstall something!

'--no-harm' should be taken literally. Overwriting files is only one
possibility of doing harm to an installation. Suppose you have a some
media player program that allows to install plug-ins. Also suppose
you use a DeCSS plug-in. Now you are installing the DRM plug-in.
While it does not overwrite any files it is incompatible to the DeCSS
plug-in which ceases to work.

Just my 0.02 EUR,

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT
--