--ghzN8eJ9Qlbqn3iT

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 12:03:38PM +0900, Tim Bates wrote:
> Phil Tomson wrote:
> >But I didn't find them in there... Which makes me wonder if it's even
> >possible to output them this way.  I know that to get them in HTML you
> >use ® and ™
>=20
> `puts 174.chr` gives me a little (R) symbol that's rather difficult to=20
> read, and `puts 153.chr` gives me a dotted square - so I guess it=20
> depends on what terminal font you're using. I assume you're wanting to=20
> do this in a terminal window? The answer probably is that there's no=20
> guaranteed portable way to do it except for "(R)" and "(TM)".

I wouldn't use (R) and (TM). I have read in various places that (C) is
NOT a legal alternative to a C with a circle around it. I can only
assume that is applies to (R) and (TM) also. A quick google search gave
me this page (http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html) which has a
short blurb about it at the end of question one. More searching can
probably find something with a little more detail.

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine / hypa.net>
GPG: gpg --recv-key 0x24E5AD99 | http://kapheine.hypa.net/kapheine.asc

--ghzN8eJ9Qlbqn3iT