il Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:51:00 +0900, "U.Nakamura"
<usa / garbagecollect.jp> ha scritto::

>Hello,
>
>In message "Re: Request patch to Win32API.c"
>    on Mar.08,2004 19:32:26, <robertm / spellmanhv.co.uk> wrote:
>| | We are planning to deprecate Win32API.
>| | So we don't want to add new features to Win32API.
>|
>| What are you planning to depreciate the Win32API in favour off?
>
>Ah, I should say;
>
>You should use Ruby/DL instead of Win32API.
>It has compatible layer of Win32API -- require 'dl/win32.rb'.
>And if you want to use another feature which Win32API doesn't have,
>you should use Ruby/DL directly.

I wonder: there is a generalized effort to port bindings for C library
to ruby/dl ?

This seems interesting, if ruby/dl is much used in the core libraries
it may grow even out of them and that would be cool, allowing easier
usage of packages that, atm, need a pre-compilated binary for
platforms that generally do not have a compiler toolchain
(i.e. windows or my linux box at the university that desn't have
include files for nothing :)