U.Nakamura wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In message "Re: Request patch to Win32API.c"
>     on Mar.08,2004 19:32:26, <robertm / spellmanhv.co.uk> wrote:
> | | We are planning to deprecate Win32API.
> | | So we don't want to add new features to Win32API.
> |
> | What are you planning to depreciate the Win32API in favour off?
>
> Ah, I should say;
>
> You should use Ruby/DL instead of Win32API.
> It has compatible layer of Win32API -- require 'dl/win32.rb'.
> And if you want to use another feature which Win32API doesn't have,
> you should use Ruby/DL directly.
>

> Regards,
> sorry for my poor and wrong English ;-(

Is there any English documentation for Ruby/DL?

In the http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl-sample/win32/volume.rb example, I see calls to 'DL.malloc(1000)' but no calls to free().  Does this mean that Ruby's GC will free the memory when it is no longer referenced or should there be a call to free() in the example?

Thanks, Michael