To anyone in or about the Atlanta, GA area, the inaugural meeting of the
Atlanta Ruby User Group will be on 03/30/2004 at 19:00 (7:00 PM). Here's
the announcement I posted to the AtlRUG mailing list with more details.
If you are in the area, I hope you will come to the meeting.

###
The news has been a bit slow lately, but here's the latest. Our first
meeting will be Tuesday March 30 at 7:00 PM. The meeting location is at
my office in Norcross, on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. There is a map on
the website. We have classrooms, so it will be a comfortable environment.

This meeting will be a "get to know each other" type meeting where we
can discuss what, if anything, we've done with Ruby so far. I will then
present the first part of an introduction to Ruby, and then discuss the
future direction of the group. The meeting should be finished at 8:30 PM.

Things we need to discuss are meeting frequency, topics, presenters and
commitments from group members as far as attendance goes. I'm not
suggesting that everyone must commit to being at every meeting, but with
a small group, if several people miss each meeting, there won't be much
"group" to the group, if you know what I mean. As for frequency, I'm
currently thinking a meeting every other month (6 per year) but I'm open
to suggestions.

Anyway, Sams Publishing has agreed to send me a few copies of The Ruby
Way and Teach Yourself Ruby in 21 Days, so I will have those to hand
out. (The Ruby Way is an excellent book [thanks, Hal]; I haven't seen
the 21 Days book.) I will provide drinks and some snacks for the first
meeting, but if we decide to have food at subsequent meetings, then we
need to also decide how we are going to pay for it. Lots to discuss, eh?

So, be sure to mark Tuesday, March 30 on your calendar as we kick off
the Atlanta Ruby User Group!

Joey
--
Never trust a girl with your mother's cow
never let your trousers go falling down in the green grass...

http://www.joeygibson.com/blog
http://www.joeygibson.com/blog/life/Wisdom.html
Atlanta Ruby User Group http://www.AtlRUG.org