On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Nick Faiz wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I'm a Ruby newbie.
>
> 	I've been curious about what Ruby frameworks exist. I've googled and
> found Amrita; are there any others?
>
> 	Frameworks are necessary but they can be a little over zealous. One
> of the reasons I'm enjoying learning Ruby is that I'm from a Java
> background; imho, the J2EE world falls into confusion from a glut of
> frameworks.

There are oodles of them.

Off the top of my head, Amrita, Cerise, Iowa, Borges, CGIkit, SWS, and one
that I am forgetting the name of that was posted about a week or so ago --
it takes templates and data and generates code (Ruby, PHP, several other
languages possible) to generate the HTML.

That's not all of them, though.

Amrita and CGIkit have the widest userbases, I think.  Iowa probably has
the smallest of that list, though I have sites and applications under it
ranging from a handful of lines in a couple of files to large things with
a couple hundred thousand lines.

Kirk Haines