Hi,

In message "proposal:  class<<obj to invoke extend_object"
    on 04/03/08, Simon Strandgaard <neoneye / adslhome.dk> writes:

|'obj.extend'  and  'class<<obj' are close cousins..
|However there is a difference.. 'class<<obj' doesn't
|invoke #extend_object, and #extended. To me it feels
|inconsistent that there is no way to execute code on the
|point when the extension occurs.

'obj.extend' add a module to the inheritance graph (per object base),
whereas 'class <<obj' add methods and attributes to the existing
singleton class.  Virtually, singleton class always exists for each
object, never added, never extended.

							matz.