"Joel VanderWerf" <vjoel / PATH.Berkeley.EDU> wrote
> > How does 'require', $:, and installation of new libraries work?
(Hyperlink
> > welcome; I did not find what I needed in pickaxe).
>
> What about "Ruby and Its World" in the pickaxe, does that help?

Yes, thanks. I had missed that.

I can see some problems with how 'require' works (e.g. how do I refer to a
relative path from current working directory?), and recall seeing some
postings to fix it. A quick search did not uncover it. Any pointers?

> Btw, hope you like foxtails...

Clean, simple, ... undocumented :-) Seriously, I love it.

I'd also vote for your Observer to go into the standard Ruby libs, but I
don't know how that works.