I would like to request an enhancement to Win32API.c to support short integers.  This is needed so support an ODBC interface I am working.  The return codes from all ODBC function calls through Win32API are incorrect using 'i' or 'l'.  Adding support for 's' (short int) corrects this problem.  Here is the diff of Win32API.c from Ruby 1.8.1 and my working code with support for short integers.  Please let me know if there is any thing I can do to help this enhancement along.

diff Win32API.c Win32API_mjd.c
14a15
> #define _T_SHORT    4    // MJD
87a89,91
>           case 'S': case 's':   // MJD
>               rb_ary_push(a_import, INT2FIX(_T_SHORT));
>               break;
104a109,111
>           case 'S': case 's':
>               rb_ary_push(a_import, INT2FIX(_T_SHORT));   // MJD
>               break;
132a140,142
>       case 'S': case 's':
>           ex = _T_SHORT;   // MJD
>           break;
169a180,182
>       case _T_SHORT:  // MJD
>           lParam = (short)FIX2INT(rb_ary_entry(args, i));
>           break;
193a208,209
>       case _T_SHORT:  // MJD
>           return INT2FIX((short)ret);