Kristof Bastiaensen wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I have written a library to create Chess-style boardgames with Ruby (and
> gtk)
> (i.e. Draughts, Shogi, Xiangqi, Chess and variants, ...).
> It works with gtk1.2.
> A demo is included which can play Shogi using the gnushogi engine.
> If anybody is interested in using this library, please tell me.
>
> Homepage: http://gcboard.sourceforge.net

That's cool. I'm always in favor of more games.

I'm curious, what about Go and Othello? Aren't they played on
square-oriented boards also? (And isn't Pente a variant of one
of those? Refresh my memory.)

Now if someone would build a monster distributed-chess program...
one where subtrees are farmed out to volunteer-machines via drb.

Cheers,
Hal