Brett Williams wrote:
> We recently upgraded to GCC 3.3.3 and now we can no longer compile ruby
> due to its use of some obsoleted constructs.
>
> Apparently GCC no longer supports <varargs.h>, and code should be
> revised to use <stdarg.h>
>
> Not knowing anything about it, is there a good workaround?
>
> Will this be changed in future versions of Ruby so that it will play
> nice with the latest GCC?

Some time ago I backported a old version of ruby (1.0 something) to gcc
3.3. I had the same problem (varargs.h). It wasn't all that hard to fix
actually. You can take a look at my patch for some pointers. It's at
http://zeroth.zapto.org/diff-ruby-1.0-971225-gcc-3.3-fix. Then you just
write up a patch and send in :)

--
Zeroth