Andrew Walrond wrote:
> On Friday 05 Mar 2004 19:12, Andrew Walrond wrote:
>
>>On Friday 05 Mar 2004 16:04, Brett Williams wrote:
>>
>>>We recently upgraded to GCC 3.3.3 and now we can no longer compile ruby
>>>due to its use of some obsoleted constructs.
>>
>>Ruby successfully compiled the latest stable snapshot with 3.3.3, so
>>perhaps you should move to that until the next release is made.
>

> Or, in English :) I have successfully compiled the latest Ruby 'stable
> snapshot' with gcc 3.3.3, so use that until a new release is made.

Thanks for the clarification :)

I've since discovered that everything is perfectly happy on Linux, but
the mkmf stuff is screwing everything up on HPUX.  We've typically had
to fix things a bit on HPUX, but nothing ever showed up as strangely as
what we're seeing now.  Seeing as it was a header specifically rejected
by the new version, I didn't immediately identify it as a configure problem.

Depending on how we configure the make process, sometimes we see the
above error, sometimes we get link failures with crypto.

Haven't sorted it out yet.