Images in Ruby
==============

A few days ago, I asked a question about using .PNG Images in a Ruby/Tk
environnement, but I forgot to give some data.

- What I have: WinXP Home SP1, Ruby 1.8.0, Tk8.3, *no* compiler.

- What I'd like to do: to use a ".PNG" TkPhotoImage to show it as
TkcImage in a TkCanvas.

I'm playing with 640x640 pictures (256 colors), for whitch the sizes
are about:
   .BMP (windows) -> 410 Kb
   .PNG -> 120 Kb
   .PPM -> 1200 Kb
I have to use hundreds of them...

Somebody suggested me to use "GD", whitch is a good tool for using
..PNG/.JPG but from whitch I cannot build any TkPhotoImage(s), or whitch
I *don't know* how to use in TkCanvas.

Did someone try to do that?
Thank you.

Site : http://mesnews.no-ip.com