ts wrote:
> D> What about adding these configure option, so plruby.so doesn't need
> D> libruby.so at all? But sorry, I'm still not sure how to modify
> D> extconf.rb to accomplish this. In the Makefile I just replace LIBS=
> D> $(LIBRUBYARG_SHARED) with $(LIBRUBYARG_STATIC).
>
>  Well, this is a little more complex. Try it with
>
>   ruby extconf.rb --with-pgsql-include=/usr/include/pgsql \
>     --with-safe-level=0 --enable-geometry --enable-network
>
>   find . -name '*so'

Thanks, with --safe-level it works (though I don't understand why/what
it does).

>  I'm not really sure that you want $(LIBRUBYARG_STATIC) in this case

I wanted to statically link libruby.so because I intend to distribute
plruby.so to machines where there might not be Ruby installed (or Ruby
might installed in a different location). Though thinking about it
again, I realize I can always distribute libruby.so along... :)

--
dave