Mark Hubbart <discord / mac.com> writes:
> On Feb 28, 2004, at 1:19 PM, Koncept wrote:
>> It is so nice to be a part of a group ( unlike those Perl folks ) where
>> people are actually nice to each other.
>
> We're all nice here because programming in ruby is fun :) as for
> Perl... I'd better not say anything.

To be fair, unlike Ruby, Perl has *tons* of documentation distributed
with it that a poster could easily consult before posting a question;
where it's not fair to tell someone to just "Read the Pickaxe", since
that's not definitive or complete, it is fairly reasonable for a Perl
programmer to be told to read the standard documentation on her hard
drive before asking a question it could easily answer.

Hopefully, the hard work being put into the RDoc<->ri integration
effort will result in similarly high-quality documentation being
included with a default distribution of Ruby.

-=Eric
		-- Blair Houghton.