I am pleased to announce the first public release of Rubyx, codename
'ItWorksForMe'.

Rubyx is a modern linux distro created entirely from source by a small script
written in the ruby language. The same script handles all subsequent package
management. Amongst many other interesting features, Rubyx also has a
completely new init system written in ruby.

Rubyx supports the latest kernels, xfree86 Kde and gnome. I type this email in
Kmail on my Rubyx powered ibm thinkpad, and Rubyx now powers all my
production servers, hence 'ItWorksForMe'.

The documentation should (at last) be sufficient for anybody to at least
install and use the basic OS. Oh, and I finally got round to adding the
sodipodi package and was able to view the file Nobu Nokada sent me ages ago,
so Rubyx now has a Logo. (Thanks Nobu)

If you are interested if reading more about Rubyx, pop over to

	www.rubyx.org

and be sure to join the mailing list!

Thanks for your time,

Andrew Walrond