On Feb 28, 2004, at 3:46 AM, Tobias Nurmiranta wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Mark Hubbart wrote:
>> From my (very limited) experience with it, it doesn't seem that lisp
>> has an eval statement, so much as lisp *is* an eval statement :)
>
> Lisp has always had an eval statement, ever since 1960 when the first
> paper on Lisp[1] was published.

actually, I was meaning that as a joke. I haven't ever gotten beyond
the very basics with lisp. To me, the "code is data is code" thing
makes me feel as if every statement is eval'ed... ("Which part's the
code, and which part's the data?" "Run it and figure it out.") Please
excuse a novice ;)

--Mark